Thursday, October 15, 2009

In Other News, I Wish Opening Ceremony Wasn't Trying to Ruin My Favorite Children's Story



If every fashion blog hasn't told you by now,  the Navajo weave is having a moment.  So big a moment that you can get just about every garment you can think of in that pattern, including an Opening Ceremony x Pendleton x someone else (probably) jacket featuring a huge blown up version of those little triangles.  While I'm sure there are quite a few people who will look terrific in that jacket, I'm not one of them.  This hat, however, is more my speed.  To me it just reminds me of the stands of high school football games or accidentally getting caught in the morning cold on a late summer camping trip - less REI than Ontonagon General Store.  Of course if this still isn't your speed we also just got in these:

Now, the deerstalker is just kind of cool, especially for people who look good in baseball hats (again, not one of them) and the Rabbit fur trooper just makes sense (remember when it snowed this week and you had to brush your car off and that was WAY more difficult than it seemed last March).  The ski cap however, is quite the regional specialty.  I recently learned that if Minnesota was its own country, it would have the 4th largest population of cross country skiers in the world.  I find this a little hard to believe, but I certainly remember that in my ski racing days this style of hat littered ski shops, races and chalets.  I suspect trying to figure out whether the hat is for Scandinavians or for skiers would be a bit of a chicken and egg scenario.  Regardless, we've got them and they're awesome.

Dorfman Pacific Hats, $15-$45

No comments:

Post a Comment