Monday, August 10, 2009

Back in the Saddle

After a raucous weekend at the store the whole crew is a bit bleary eyed but back in the saddle none the less. For those of you that missed out, I still have some cupcakes in the refrigerator and if you ask nicely I might let you have one.

Even in the midst of our big anniversary sale, we've got some new things to let everyone know about. Most of them will be hidden for a few weeks yet, but one that is very exciting is the new fragrance from the F/P Homme collection. Creatively titled Numero 003, a follow up to the equally ambitious Numero 001 and Numero 002, the fragrance is marine in nature and slightly woody and carries an adventurous feeling that makes me think of rocky seasides.
There is one aspect about fragrances that I think is remarkably overlooked. You can talk about base notes and silage all you want, but for me a well designed bottle is very important. I wont mention any particular styles, but bottles with hinges or triggers or funny shapes tend to annoy me. I want a bottle that is a big simple shape and has a thick heavy sham. The bottle should spray, not spritz. It should be gripped with a fist, not precariously fumbled in the tips of fingers. Above all, it should feel manly. The F/P Homme bottle is all that and really is the best looking bottle we've got, despite its remarkably affordable cost. On top of everything else, it is included in our store-wide sale (20% off through August 23rd)!

$25 for 30ml, $45 for 100 ml

No comments:

Post a Comment