Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Just In From The Desk of Our Favorite Emmy Award Winning Jewler

I've always wanted to have a moonlighting profession. If someone asks me about my profession at a party I really always want to say, "Oh I'm a retailer, but I moonlight as bartender/player of an obscure rock instrument/shortstop for the St. Paul Saints/art thief/assassin/advisor of foreign policy for a small island nation." Sadly I'm none of those things, nor would I really want any of those jobs, unless being an art thief is what Vincent Cassel leads me to believe it is. Either way none of those professions are really doing the general public any good, unlike the delightful Robyne Robinson. Ms. Robinson is a jewellery designer who moonlights as the best darn news anchor in the Twin Cities* and she has the Emmys to prove it. I'm not really sure if she would describe herself that way, but I don't really think she'll jump in to correct me either.

Robyne has been the sole proprietor for the jewellery brand Rox for the last few years, but is just starting to ramp up her men's business. Part of that incline is the announcement of her first men's retailer: you guessed it, MartinPatrick3. That's right. Nowhere else ('cept online, but whatever). The collection is an amalgam of pendants, chains and stones from her travels, resulting in a group of patinaed yet colorful bracelets and necklaces. The fact the each one is absolutely unique is just an added bonus.


*I'm going to put weatherpersons in a separate category for this one. If I were to include meteorologists then Sven Sundgaard would win hands down. You see, Sven lists his favorite sport as Ski Jumping and while I had the opportunity to ski jump as a child, I didn't. Not having a promising ski jumping career is the greatest regret of my childhood.

$45-250

No comments:

Post a Comment